everis foundation and the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), through the IBD Lab launch a challenge to find projects that help to foresee, mitigate and control the abuse, mistreat or violence to vulnerable groups in Latin America or the Caribbean.
In this challenge so-called ‘Blockchangel’ (Blockchain – Challenge – Angel) all kind of profiles are eligible, from entrepreneurs, to companies, startups, NGOs, foundations, etc., both as individuals or in consortium, meeting the following requirements: all solutions need to be based on blockchain technologie, and must be suitable in any place of Latin America or the Caribbean.
Given the context, the organizers look for proposals, always based in the blockchain technology, that provide an answer to the ensuing complementary fields:
- Preventive field – ‘No more vulnerability’: For instance, solutions that allow geolocation or violent behavior registration, risk factors detection,
- Action field – ‘No more impunity’: as it happens, for example, with solutions that allow online registration and monitoring, with legal validity.
- Control field – ‘No more stigma’: for example with solutions that permit to identify victims and activate related performance protocols.
- Restorative field – ‘No more loneliness’: online assistance and comprehensive care solutions that, anonymously, allow victims to be safe.
Therefore, throughout this challenge, organizers intend to provide actual solutions to social problems that imply innovative technology, an objective shared with IDB, IDB Lab, LACCHAIN and everis foundation, each one from its own action field.
Those elected projects will receive a full acceleration package for their project, including economic, corporate and technological support from organizers. Additionally, these will be able to turn into an essential tool for fighting the scourge that seems to be worring in Latin America:
- Almost 8,000 women have been murdered in the last two years in Latin America and the Caribbean, under feminicide figure. In the region, the feminicide rate doubles the rest of the World one. Moreover, around 300 million children are victims of any type of abuse; 130 million students suffer bullying, and around 15 million teenagers have been victims of sexual abusive relations at any time of their life. Additionally, there is an increasing number of elder being mistreated within the family background.
Ahead the size of this problems, blockchain could be a very useful technology, by designing strategies that allow to alert, defend and support the victims, act with authorities and, possibly, dissuade attackers.
The deadline goes from the 10th of March to the 30th of June, 2020. Interested parts can obtain more information in the citation and consult the legal bases in blockchangel